THREE FRENCH PLAYS TO BE PRESENTED TODAY

Cercle Francais to Give Short One-Act Performances This Afternoon at the Fine Arts Theatre in Boston

This afternoon at 2.15 o'clock in the Fine Arts Theatre, Boston, the Cercle Francais will continue its fall dramatic season with the production of three one-act plays by prominent French playwrights.

The first is "Jean Marie", a tragedy by Andre Thauriet very much like Tennyson's "Enoch Arden". The second play, "Les Deux Timides", by Eugene Labiche, is, on the other hand, a comedy, based on the humorous actions of a bashful father, a bashful suitor, a loving daughter, and a despicable villain.

The final play, "Le Bonhomme Jadis", by Henry Murger is half sad, half humorous. It tells the story of old Jadis, who finds his youth again in the love of a young couple.

Yesterday the Cercle Francais opened its season with a performance of "Le Depute de Bombignac", a light comedy in three acts written by Alexander Bisson. This afternoon it will present the three one-act plays for the first and only time. On Friday evening, the season will conclude with a second performance of "Le Depute de Bombignac". This presentation of more than one play is a radical departure from the custom of the past, when but two performances of one play have regularly been given. This year a more elaborate repertory has been chosen to lend interest and variety to the performances of the Cercle Francais.

The casts for the three one act plays which will be presented have been recently selected by M. Andre Perrin, coach of many of the Cercle Francais productions in recent years.

The casts for the three plays follow: "Jean-Marie" Jean-Marie  J. R. Robinson '25 Joel  H. F. Potter '24 Therese  Miss Emily Sears "Les Deux Timides" Thibaudier  A. B. Davis Jr. '24 Jules Fremissin  R. D. Merian '27 Anatole Garadous  Y. H. Buhler Cecile  Miss Ethel Thayer Anette  Miss Elizabeth Beal "Le Bonhomme Jadis" Jadis  J. D. Lodge '25 Octave  Henri de Castellane Jacqueline  Mile Gloria Bragglotti

Music for this afternoon's performance will be furnished by a string quartet under the direction of E. T. Payson '26 of the Pierian Sodalities.

Debutantes for 1923 will sell programs and act as ushers.

The proceeds of all three performances given by the Cercle Francais will be contributed to the fund for the Rheims American Memorial Hospital. Tickets may be purchased at $3, $2.30, and $1.50 each from M. L. Stout '25, manager of the Cercle Francais productions at 22 Plympton Street, or from Herrick's, the Copley Plaza, Loew's State Theatre, or Kent's University Book Store.