TEAM SHOWS POWER AS BIG PRINCETON GAME DRAWS NEAR

Hammond Expected to be Available for Kicking Assignment--McGlone at Quarter on Team A During Practice

The football team is gathering speed for its game with Princeton. In a loose signal drill and a 20 minute scrimmage against the scrubs, the first team showed even more power and more spirit than they did no Monday. Another such work out today and all hard practice before the game on Saturday will be over.

When the college swarms' into the stadium at the end of practice this afternoon to cheer the coaches in their final kickoff to the first team, they will see that team at the height of its development before the battle with the Tiger.

Yesterday both teams A and B went through long dummy scrimmages. With but a few exceptions the team A lineup will be the team to start against Princeton; in team B were the men who will be the first reserves on Saturday.

The team A lineup was as follows: right end, Hill; right tackle, Russell Hubbard; right guard, Dunker; center, Greenough; left guard, Captain Hubbard; left tackle, Evans; left end, Combs; quarter back, McGlone; right halfback, Cheek; left halfback, Coburn; full back, Jenkins.

Eastman to Start at Tackle

Eastman is still out with minor injuries, but it is certain that he will start in place of Hubbard at tackle on Saturday. Hammond will almost undoubtedly be punting instead of Jenkins. With these two changes the lineup for the Princeton game may be considered final.

On team B, the substitutes were grouped as follows: ends, Robb and Gordon; tackles, Theopold and Vietor; guards, Grew and Daniel; center, Standish Bradford; quarterback, Spalding and backs, Lockwood, Cordingly, and Pfaffmann.

After the preliminary signal drills, drop kicking was the center of attention; a line of drop kickers taking turns aiming at the goal posts. In Princeton games of the past, drop kicks have often proved a deciding factor. And in Saturday's struggle especially, Coach Fisher will take advantage of every possible opportunity to score. Chief in the drop kicking squad were Pfaffman and Beals who sent the ball squarely between the goal posts from the 40-yard line on several occasions. Others who took their turns at kicking were McGlone, Spalding, Akers, and Moseley.

Scrimmage With Second Team

The second team was then called in. There followed a 20 minute scrimmage with team A, then with team B. In both scrimmages Coach Fisher's men were on the defense, blocking the seconds in their attempts at running attack formations and on forward passes.

Tomorrow the squad will have a last light work out in the Stadium. By a sudden shift of plans on the part of the football management, the team will leave the South Station tomorrow at 5 instead of at 3 o'clock. This will enable the squad to have a short practice before entraining for Princeton.