COSMOPOLITAN CLUB FACTOR IN INTERNATIONAL FRIENDSHIP

Dean Greenough Addresses Forty Foreign Students at First Meeting

The Cosmopolitan Club's initial meeting of the year attracted nearly forty students, representing almost half as many nationalities. V. N. Krivobok 4E.S., the presiding officer, spoke briefly of the club's activities in the past. "It has furnished", he said, "a basis of common footing for foreign students in the University. Last year we saw a Slav and a Roumanian meet on a plane of friendship, and also a British Officer from the Indian Army of Occupation and a native Hindoo of nationalistic tendencies."

Dean C. N. Greenough '98 was the speaker of the evening. He dwelt on the opportunities which the Cosmopolitan club offers, and then emphasized as even more important the responsibilities which it entails. "The world is being brought closer and closer together," he said. "that means we must either be better enemies or better friends. We must get to understand each other or there will be trouble. This meeting, in a highly entertaining way, is a very serious bit of preparation for the work which we must do in the world."