TEN TEAMS TO REPRESENT CRIMSON IN M. I. T. MEET

CHIEF OBJECTIVE IS YALE RELAY RACE ON FEBRUARY 2

Ten team pairs will race in the relay meet which will be held with M. I. T. on January 19.

The dual meet, which is to be run on the new board track on Soldiers' Field, is the first of its kind with Technology teams. The University and Freshmen will enter five teams each against corresponding Tech combinations.

The meet is designed as training for both colleges for the B. A. A. meet on February 2, while the University will race M.I.T. again in the 1-mile and Yale in the 2-mile relay. the new board track with 12 laps to the mile is modelled after the B. A. A. track at the Arena, which is tapered ovally instead of squarely like the former one on Soldiers' Field.

The races for both University and Freshmen will be with four men to a team. No man is allowed to run in more than one race. The first event will be a race in which each man runs one lap, the second will be a race of six laps for each man, the third of three and the fourth of nine each. The fifth event is a medley race in which the first man runs one lap, the second runs six, the third, three, and the fourth, nine.

Several cross-country men will be available for the relay teams. Most prominent among these are W. L. Chapin '25, A. L. Coburn '24, B. R. Cutcheon '25, J. N. Watters '26, LeB. R. Barker '26 and F. P. Kane '26.

Each race in the meet will count one point either for University or Freshman scores.