KEIR WILL BE EXCHANGE TUTOR IN PLACE OF LEYS

ELECTED TO FELLOWSHIP AT UNIVERSITY COLLEGE

Mr. David L. Keir, exchange tutor in history from Oxford, will arrive in Cambridge next week. He is to replace Mr. Kenneth K. M. Leys who sailed a week ago for England to take up his work again at Oxford.

Mr. Keir studied at the University of Glasgow and New College, Oxford, where he took a first in history in 1922, which is equivalent to the "summa cum laude" degree in this country. He was immediately, elected to a Fellowship at University College. During his undergraduate days Mr. Keir was also active in political circles.

Burbank and Blake Abroad

In accordance with the agreement between Oxford and Harvard, these two universities are exchanging tutors this year in order to study the tutorial system in each country. Professor H. H. Burbank and Assistant Professor R. D. Blake from the department of History, Government, and Economics, are representing the University in England.

Mr. Keir will continue the starred course, History 43, "Topics in Modern English History" which was started early in the Fall by Mr. Leys and which is given in the English tutorial manner. He will also have charge of Mr. Leys' tutorial students in history.

Mr. Keir will live in the Freshman dormitories, in the George Smith Hall, A 21, the suite which his predecessor occupied, where he will hold consultation hours.