THE ATLANTA CONFERENCES

The three Athletic Conferences which will meet at Atlanta during the vacation will concern themselves with several topics which should prove exceedingly interesting, if not particularly vital. After last year's National Collegiate Athletic Association Meeting, when the Football Rules Committee made so many changes in the football code, the results of this year's Conference may seem insignificant. But the fertile question of "Faculty Control of Athletics" will make no little argument, and introduced as it will be by President Angell of Yale, its solution will have considerable weight. And another report of general interest will be that of Mr. Geer, on "The Longevity of Athletes". This has always been a cause for dispute between those who believe that athletes build up their bodies and live longer than the ordinary mortal and those who deal in "athletic hearts" and high blood pressure. The study of "Fool Rules" ought to bring out a number of those unreasonable, often inane regulations which sometimes incite players to violence and expose innocent umpires to general scorn. Altogether, the report of the Conferences is something to which the athletically minded public can look forward with a great deal of pleasurable anticipation.