TO CONTINUE SYSTEM OF SEASON TICKETS

Public Will Be Excluded From Arena on Two Afternoons University Team is on Ice--First Practice Yesterday

Following the policy inaugurated last year, the H. A. A. will again offer season tickets for the hockey games at the Arena this winter, it was announced last night by the management. These will be put on public sale at the H. A. A. Thursday morning.

The tickets will admit to the games with the Boston Hockey Club, B. A. A. Boston University, McGill, two Toronto games, M. I. T., Hamilton, Dartmouth, and a tenth contest at some mid-season date with a team to be announced later. The price, including war tax, is $7.70; the seats, which are located in section K as was the case last year, ordinarily sell for $2.20 apiece.

At the first practice session yesterday afternoon Coach Winsor made full use of the first of the full afternoon periods by dividing his squad in halves and further subdividing each of these into teams.

The men devoted much of the time to accustoming themselves to their first ice-work of the year, and to handling their sticks. Following the individual work each half of the squad wound up its period with a scrimmage. These will be few in number during the next few days because, except for two afternoons a week, the University will probably have to share the ice during the coming fortnight with other local teams having early season engagements.

Will Practice Behind Closed Doors

Coach Winsor took a leaf from the football portfolio yesterday in announcing that the team would practice behind closed doors on the two afternoons when the University has the rink to itself. The need of secret sessions has long been felt, but has been hitherto impossible of fulfillment because in former years the Crimson squad has had possession of the ice for only immediately after the general public had been cleared away.

Much of the mid-winter anguish occasioned by the daily voyage to Boston in street cars will be alleviated this year, as the H. A. A. had two new busses waiting in front of Leavitt and Peirce's yesterday to take the men to town. Two football players, Evans and Zalakov, will be their pilots.