NOTED FRENCHMAN WILL SPEAK FEB. 20

French Author and Lecturer Has Been Thrice Laureate of French Academy--Lecture to be in Emerson D

At the invitation of President Lowell, Monsieur Firmin Roz, French author and lecturer, and assistant director of the Office National des Universities et Grandes Ecoles Francaises, will lecture in Emerson D at 8 o'clock on the evening of February 20 on "French Opinion and the Great Political Problems of the Day." The lecture will be delivered in French.

M. Roz has been laureate of the French Academy three times. Always interested in American history and literature, he has written much on the subject, and his book on "I'Energie americaine" was crowned by the French Academy. In 1912 he was awarded the James Hazen Hyde Prize for the literary work which was most valuable in developing friendly relations between France and America.

Since 1919 M. Roz has held his present position in the Office National, giving his main attention to the exchange of professors and students between French and American universities, organizing lectures for American professors, and looking after American students in French institutions and French students at American universities. He has recently arrived in the United States to give a series of lectures.