CRIMSON SEXTET TO MEET CORNELL

Three Defeats and One Tie Game Comprise Season's Record--Team Has Shown Good Hockey at Times

The University hockey team had a scrimmage with the Freshman sextet yesterday afternoon in preparation for the contest with Cornell at 8.15 o'clock this evening in the Arena. There is a possibility that Captain Owen, who has been out for several days, may play only a small part of the game tonight. Beals, too, has just returned to the squad, but Coach Claflin may decide to save him until the Dartmouth contest.

Cornell has not had a successful season this year, having lost three games by narrow margins and having tied one, but at times the Red and White skaters have shown brilliant form. The Ithaca sextet lost the opening contest with Dartmouth by a single point, losing 3-2 after two extra periods. The next game with Clarkson, played on poor ice, resulted in a scoreless tie, while the third contest of the season was a 3-2 defeat at the hands of the Massachusetts Agricultural sextet. Columbia also succeeded in nosing out the Ithaca team with a single goal in the final period.

The Cornell hockey squad has been handicapped by the lack of a covered rink, but with a week of favorable weather Coach Bawlf has been able to whip his men into top form. Davidson, one of the few veterans on the squad, has been absent earlier in the season but has recently returned to practice and should make a noticeable improvement in the strength of the team.