FRESHMAN ELECTIONS WILL BE HELD FRIDAY

Sixty Per Cent of Class Must Vote to Make Election Valid-Everett Wells Martin Nominated for Secretary-Treasurership by Petition

The election of officers of the Freshman class will be held on Friday between 8.30 and 6 o'clock. Up till 1 o'clock polls will be open in Sever Hall and in the main entry of Standish Hall. The afternoon balloting will be carried on exclusively at the Standish polls.

A petition to nominate Everett Wells Martin of Middleboro for the secretary treasurership of the Freshman class was accepted last night by the Committee on Freshman Elections of the Student Council. The nominations are now closed. A complete list of nominees follows:

PRESIDENT

Nathaniel Salstonstall Howe of New York, N. Y.

Marion Adolphus Cheek Jr. of Brookline.

VICE-PRESIDENT

Robert Gray Allen of Andover.

Edward Reed Nash Jr. of Brookline.

SECRETARY-TREASURER

Everett Wells Martin of Middleboro.

Stanley deJongh Osborne of Guatemala City, Guatemala.

Channing McGregory Wells Jr. of Southbridge.

STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBER

John Wright Adle of Chestnut Hill.

Charles Lewis Harding Jr. of Dedham.

John Nickerson Watters of Winchester.

According to Article III, Section 10, in the constitution of the three lower classes; "any election of class officers shall be decided valid if sixty per cent or more of the members of the class affected shall have voted". The constitution further provides for another ballot should an insufficient number of votes be cast. These further ballotings must be held at intervals of not more than ten days and the only eligible voters will be those who have not already voted. The ballotings will be held until a sufficient number of votes have been cast.