FIRST TEST OF SEASON IN STORE FOR RUNNERS AT B. A. A. GAMES TONIGHT

BLUE RUNNERS FAVORITES IN TWO MILE RELAY

The first test for Coach Martin's track men will come tonight in the B. A. A. games at 7.15 o'clock in the Boston Arena, The announcement that Captain J. W. Burke '23 will be in good shape for tonight's events, assures the team of its full strength in the program.

Definite news from New Haven to the effect that the veteran Blue long distance team will oppose the Crimson quartet, gives the odds to Yale in that event, since last year the University men were considerably outdistanced by the same combination with the exception of Captain Campbell, who was incapacitated. With Campbell in the running tonight, and M. H. Wilson, Vander Pyle, and M. K. Douglas, all experienced runners, Captain Burke's quartet will be obliged to stretch its powers to the limit in order to win. The University running order as previously announced will be W. L. Chapin '25, lead-off man; J. H. Sherburne '24, Campbell Newball '24, and Captain Burke at anchor. D. H. Mooney 2E.S., who has showed himself a dependable long distance man by substituting for Burke in many of the precaution, will run only in the 1000 tonight.

M. I. T. Relay Team Strong

The personnel of the M. I. T. one-mile relay team, which races the University short distance combination in tonight's meet, will be the same as that which competed in the Millrose A. C. games last Wednesday. Here, again, the Crimson will run up against some very stiff opposition. Last February, the M. I. T. quartet raced through its opponents with a final lead of some 40 yards, and this year's team is reputed to be nearly as fast, whereas there is not a single veteran among the Crimson representatives led by Vinton Chapin '23 this evening. J. H. Murphy Jr. '25 will fead off, with Chapin, C. H. Gordon '23, and J. E. Merrill '24 following in the order named.

Little can be said of the relative strength of the two Freshman relay teams which will meet this evening. The Crimson quartet, captained by R. G. Allen, who also runs anchor, is an exceptionally fast and dependable unit, but reports indicate that the same may be said of the Blue 1926 team.