LAROCQUE RETURNS TO HOCKEY SQUAD

Leads Eastern Amateur Hockey League Has Record of 12 Victories, No Defeats, and One Tie Contest

Practice for the University hockey squad yesterday, the first since the Crimson victory over Milwaukee last Wednesday, was featured by the return of Larocque, who has been ill for over two weeks. The squad took part in a stiff scrimmage against the Boston University sextet, in which the Crimson defensive combination did excellent work. Larocque did not scrimmage, and it is improbable that he will start at his regular position at center against B. A. A. tomorrow night. There is, however, a very good chance that he will play at least part of the contest.

B. A. A., which leads the Eastern Amateur Hockey League at the present time, is one of the strongest teams on the Crimson schedule. It has, so far this season, a record of 12 victories, no defeats, and one tie-contest. The latter was with the Toronto University sextet, which defeated the Crimson skaters by a score of 7 to 5, after a hard overtime contest. B. A. A. includes in its list of victims such strong organizations as the Victoria H. C., Boston H. C., and Milwaukee H. C., the last two of which also fell before the University stickmen. Tomorrow night's contest will see the Crimson's speed and team-work opposed to greater speed, with a shade less team-work.

It is probable that Coach Clafin will not rely on Larocque at center, but will use the combination that was so successful against Milwaukee, with Walker, Beals, and Hill in the forward line. Considerable interest was aroused during that contest by the use of Captain. Owen at center, Hammond taking his place on the defense. This worked out exceptionally well at that time and was again used to advantage yesterday afternoon. It seems likely that the same shift will be utilized tomorrow against the Unicorns.