STRENGTHENED FRESHMEN TO OPPOSE N. H. STATE

With J. A. Reed Back in Line-Up, 1926 Quintet Will Have Trio of Excellent Forwards for Game Today at 3 Cotton and Davis Are N. H. Stars

J. A. Reed, who starred in the early season games of the Freshman basketball team, will be back in the line-up this afternoon when the men face a strong quintet of New Hampshire State freshmen at 3 o'clock in the Freshman Athletic Building.

Reed's return to center will-complete a trio of excellent forwards, since Captain Jones and Smith have scored heavily in the past few games. The Crimson men are still handicapped by the loss of Combs at right guard, but he will probably return for the next game on Thursday, February 15, with Dean Academy. Smith will shoot the fouls.

Coach Chase put his team through a hard scrimmage yesterday afternoon, stressing especially the attack and passing to the man under the basket. In Saturday's game with Worcester Academy, the men showed particular weakness in putting the ball in action after the tap-off, and yesterday's work included an effort to correct this fault.

The New Hampshire players have a consistent attack which is the main source of their strength, since they concentrate on that rather than on defensive work. Cotton and Davis are the stars.