TRACK MEN NOT TO GO TO NEWARK A.C. GAMES

Coach Martin Decides to Keep Runners at Cambridge Because of Mid-Years-Prepares Now for Cornell-Dartmouth Triangular Meet on February 24

Due to the pressure of work in midyear examinations, Coach Martin has decided not to send any of his trackmen down to the Newark A. C. games in New Jersey tomorrow. The cancellation of this meet was expected but not definitely decided upon until yesterday afternoon.

Over two weeks will now elapse before the next big meet for the University runners. On February 24, probably 100 entries will be made for the triangular meet with Cornell and Dartmouth at the Mechanics Building in Boston. Last year the Crimson runners finished a good second behind the Ithacans and had 11 points over the Green. Practice at Soldiers Field now points towards this occasion, but there will be a long distance relay race with Dartmouth in the K. of C. games on February 17 which requires much attention. A week after the triangular meet, the I. C. A. A. A. A. games in New York will furnish the final events for both University and Freshman runners.

The, 1926 squad, which has showed up so well in the first two engagements, will enter the same meets as the University squad, with the addition of an encounter with Huntington School at the Y. M. C. A. on February 15. Last year the schoolboys outpointed the Freshmen 39-29.