WINTER TRACK CARNIVAL STARTS THIS AFTERNOON

Track Management Will Extend Meet Over Several Days--Broad Jump Will be Contested Today, While All Running Events Will be on Thursday

Contrary to the previous plan of holding the entire schedule of events of the annual Winter Carnival at Soldiers Field on next Thursday afternoon, the track management has announced that the meet will extend over several successive afternoons. The broad jump will be contested today, the javelin throw, high jump, shot put, and pole vault tomorrow, and the discus and hammer throws and running events on Thursday.

The H. A. A. will give gold, silver, and bronze medals to the winners in each event. All members of the College are eligible to compete in the carnival, with the exception of the novice events, in which only those men who have never won a track medal in college may participate.

The schedule of events follows:

Today at 5.--Broad jump.

Tomorrow at 2.30.--Javelin throw; at 5, high jump, short put, and pole vault.

Thursday at 2.30.--Discus and hammer throws; at 3, handicap 40-yard dash, novice 40-yard dash, relay between weight men and pole vaulters, handicap mile, handicap 300-yard run, publication relay race, novice 600-yard run, handicap 660-yard run, 45-yard hurdle race, interclass relay race, and managers relay race.

On Sunday at 4 o'clock there will be a meeting of the executive committee of the I. C. A. A. A. A., at which the revised rules of competition of the association will be gone over and discussed. C. V. Chandler '23, manager of the track team, will represent the University at this meeting.