AN HAPPY EVENT ! !

Community Book Shop announces a SALE of English and American books at greatly reduced prices, in many cases one half, or less of the original published price. There is scarcely a field of literature that isn't represented. Many of the books are generously and sumptuously illustrated. This, then is one of the great chances of the year for book lovers to secure at bargain prices volumes of outstanding merit.

Among the books of travel offered one will find. "Through Siberia", by Fridtjof Nansen which was published at $5.00 for $2.35, "Republican Rome", by H. L. Havell which is reduced from $5.00 to $2.25.

A remarkably well written and handsomely made volume is "The Land of Haunted Castles". The book is beautifully illustrated and presents an intriguing table of contents. Published at $6.00, it is a great bargain at $2.90.

One of the most beautiful books ever made is "The Durbar", an A. & C. Black "color book". The text is by Dorothy Menpes and there are 100 illustrations in color by Mortimer Menpes. A de luxe edition and limited, the volume was published in England for $12.00, but a few copies are offered here for $5.55.

A book of sound and fascinating reading is "The Great Wall of China", by William Edgar Geil, F.R.G.S. What do you know about it? Brought out at $2.50 it may now be purchased at $1.35.

Would you like to take a "Trip to Lotus Land"? Such is the title of a fascinating book, splendidly illustrated, by Archie Bell. It is a great buy at $1.20, less than one half of the price at which it was published.

"The Call of the Snowy Hispar", a remarkable narrative of exploration and mountaineering on the northern frontier of India, published by Constable & Co., London, for $5.00 is here offered at $2.75.

The above titles are representative of the many volumes of travel and adventure to be found at reduced prices in "The Friendly Shop". It will prove worth while to visit this unique, store and inspect these offerings. Your comfort has been provided for and you will not be annoyed by importunities to buy.