BRIEF BITS ABOUT BOOKS

Have you seen that new book, recently reviewed, which intrigues your interest? It is possible that you may find it at "The Friendly Shop". Here, in pleasant surroundings, with comfortable chairs at your disposal, you may examine and weigh the book in question.

R. U. R.; the great success produced by the Theatre Guild of New York; a Czecho-Slovakian play of quite some merit will bear reading. SET THE STAGE FOR EIGHT, by Doris F. Halman, a collection of unusual one-act plays, excellent alike for reading and acting, will prove a mine of entertainment and no little instruction.

Are you a golf fan? PUTTER PERKINS, by Kenneth Brown is one of the most amusing books recently published. Whether you play "gowf" or not, the reading of this volume will entertain you.

If you haven't read "Being Respectable," by Grace Fiandrau, you are neglecting an opportunity. It is one of the finest studies imaginable of contemporary American life.

Do you utilize this book shop as you should? Whatever you problems, scholastic, domestic, financial, physical, there is a book that will help you. Read and learn how other people have confronted and overcome similar problems.

As the publisher advertises, "The Pointed Tower", by Vance Thompson, IS the peak of excitement. "Maxa", by Robert Elson is another "Thriller". Read them and weep--with excitement!

The second series of "Things That Have Interested Me", by Arnold Bennett is surely worth the price asked. The range of this eminent author's interests is large--from James Joyce as a writer to scenes in Southern France and Portugal, with sidelights on dancing, the length of skirts, marliage, etc.

There are books for every need, useful books and this store, your personal store, will strive to supply your needs. Use more books, buy more books--they are the truest and best of friends.