CLOSE CONTEST ENDS IN CRIMSON VICTORY

CRIMSON GUARDS, COMBS AND MAHER, LEAD ATTACK

The Freshman basketball team defeated the Yale Freshmen last Saturday night at the Freshman Athletic Building by the score of 32-29. Overcoming an early lead of seven points the Crimson team led late in the second half 26-21, but six points by Watson soon put Yale ahead again. The lead changed hands three times in the last few minutes, but the Crimson team secured the last four points of the game. Watson, left forward for Yale, led the scoring with 17 of his team's 29 points, while the two Crimson guards. Combs, by his spectacular shooting at critical moments, and Maher by his excellent offensive and defensive work, were the outstanding players for the winners.

Ten times during the game there was but one point difference in the scores of the two teams, and three times Yale was ahead. Combs led the scoring from the field for the home team and each of his goals was scored at a critical moment of the game.

The summary: HARVARD 1926  YALE 1926 Jones, Skilling, r.f.  l.g., McLean, Hall, McLean Smith, l.f.  r.g., Giblin Rauh, c.  c., Clark Maher, r.g.  l.f., Watson Combs, Reed, Combs, Elberfeld, l.g.  r.f., Riley

Score, Harvard 1926, 32, Yale 1926, 29. Goals from floor, Combs 4, Rauh 3, Maher 3, Smith 2, Jones, Watson 5, Giblin 2, Riley 3, McLean, Clark. Goals from fouls, Smith 6, Watson 7. Referee, Mullen. Umpire, Souders. Time of halves, 20 minutes.