SQUASH TEAM VICTOR IN NINE OF FIFTEEN MATCHES

W. P. Dixon '25 Has Proved Outstanding Player--Captain Hinkle a Consistent Winner--Team B's Season Similar--Bright Outlook for 1923

The squash racquets season is closed, and of the 15 matches played the university team won nine. The Crimson team has been somewhat handicapped by the loss of several men, notably A. L. Smith '25, who, in the matches he was able to play, had maintained a perfect record.

The outstanding player of the season was W. P. Dixon '25, who furnished keep competition for all the number one men of the various teams played and gained a victory over R. C. Cook of the Newton Center team. Captain E. M. Hinkle '23, playing throughout the season at number two, was fairly consistent winner, while his playing toward the end of the season improved remarkably. In this respect, also, the work of j. J. Glessner '25, a team B man who was promoted near the end of the season, was also noteworthy.

The outlook for next season is particularly bright. Only about three of the men who composed the squad this year are leaving, most of the matches next year will be held on the University courts, the effect of Mr. Cowles coaching will become more and more evident.

Team B's season has been similar to that of team A in many respects, and the fact that it defeated both the Harvard Club of Boston and the Union Boat Club, teams which stood above them in the final ranking, is worthy of notice. R. C. Bostwick '23 was the most prominent player of the team.