WILL CALL FOOTBALL CANDIDATES TONIGHT

Early Work Will Be Specially Important This Year Due to Tripartite Agreement to Stop Preliminary Fall Work

Spring football practice will open with a meeting of all candidates for the team at the Varsity Club at 7 o'clock this evening. Coach R. T. Fisher '12 will outline the work to be done during the three weeks this Spring and Captain-elect C. J. Hubbard '24 will also speak. Slow motion pictures of the Harvard-Yale football game last fall will be shown. It has been emphasized that all men who intend to play football next fall should attend tonight's meeting regardless of whether they will play this spring or not.

Due to the agreement made by Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, the customary early fall practice will hereafter be abolished, and for this reason spring practice will assume a more important role than it has had heretofore. The work will be light, consisting of practice in passing, punting, and other fundamentals of the game. This practice will enable the coaches to get acquainted with the Freshman players and with upper classmen who are going out for football for the first time.

Undergraduates to Assist in Coaching

In addition to Head Coach Fisher, J. L. Knox '98 will coach the backfield men and D. E. Parmenter '13 will take charge of the centers. Several undergraduate players will also assist in the coaching work including C. A. C. Eastman '24 helping with the line men, J. J. Lee '24 with the quarterbacks, and J. M. Hartley '23 with the ends.