GLEE CLUB WILL SING TONIGHT IN INTERCOLLEGIATES

Two More Victories Would Give University Permanent Possession of Second Cup--Now Holds First Cup

Twenty-seven singers of the University Glee Club will compete tonight at 8.30 o'clock in Carnegie Hall, New York, for the second award of the new cup offered by the University Glee Club of New York.

Virgil G. Thomson ocC, will lead the club tonight, and in addition to the singers. Dr. Archibald T. Davison '06, the accompanist, and the Glee Club manager will make the trip.

The program consists of light songs by each of the ten colleges in rotation, after which three verses of a single prize song is sung by each in turn. This is followed by the college songs of the contestants. Following this the University Glee Club will render three selections during the deliberation of the judges. Upon announcement of the judges. decision, all the clubs together will sing a closing piece.

The judges this year consist of Walter Damrosch, conductor of the New York Symphony Orchestra; Marcella Sembrick the famous opera singer; and Mr. E. H. Krehciel, music editor of the New York Tribune.

The light song of the University Glee Club is "Fire, Fire, My Heart" by Morley; the prize song of all the colleges is "Hunter's Farewell" by Mendelssohn; while the University college song will be "Up the Street" by R. G. Morse, which was also sung last year. During the deliberation of the judges the Glee Club will give three selections, after which the winner of the contest will be announced. Following the prize award, all the ten colleges will unite in singing "The Prayer of Thanksgiving", a Netherlands Folksong.

Besides the contest this evening there will be a lecture by Dr. A. T. Davison '06 tomorrow afternoon at 4 o'clock before the Schola Cantorum at the home of Mrs. Otto Kahn. Dr. Davison will lecture on "Significant Periods in the History of Choral Music". The Glee Club will also sing the following seventeenth century choral selections: Adoramus Te,  Palestrina Now Let Every Tongue,  Bach Adieu, Sweet Amarillis,  Millbye Fire, Fire, My Heart,  Morley Crucifix,  Bach The Hunter's Farewell,  Mendelssohn We Praise Thee,  Schvedov Hallelujah, Amen  Handel

The club will return to Cambridge Sunday night.