STUDENT COUNCIL ELECTS SIX UNDERGRADUATES TO RECEPTION COMMITTEE

RECOMMENDS DESIGN FOR INSIGNIA FOR 150-POUND CREW

At a meeting of the student council last night in the Randolph Breakfast Room a new reception committee for visiting teams was elected, favorable action was taken on a plan to send representatives to a student government conference at the University of Pennsylvania, and a recommendation was made on a design for 150-pound crew insignia.

The retiring committee for the reception of visiting teams was composed entirely of Seniors, with Russell Robb Jr. '23 as chairman. As now constituted the committee consists of six men, but three additional members will be elected later. The men chosen last night are: P. H. Roob '25, chairman; W. E. Crosby Jr. '24, Corliss Lamont '24, Lawrence Morris '25, Brooks Potter '24, and E. St. R. Reynal '24.

Although the council did not decide on any definite number, it determined to send several representatives to Philadelphit on April 26, 27, and 28 to participate in a conference on student government under the auspices of the University of Pennsylvania. These dates coincide with those of the Pennsylvania relays, in which a squad of University track men will compete.

Three designs were submitted to the council for insignia to be awarded to the members of the 150-pound crew which rows against Yale. The design which the council favored consists of a crimson H with 150 placed in black numerals vertically between the bars of the letter. This choice is merely a recommendation which will be sent to the Athletic Committee of the College, which alone is empowered to make a definite decision.