TRACK MEETING WILL START SEASON TODAY

Mr. W. A. Barron '14 to Preside at Meeting--Mr. W. J. Bingham '16 Will Speak--Has Spent Winter in England

Although actual work will not begin until Monday afternoon, the University track season will open at 7.30 o'clock tonight with a meeting in the Varsity Club. At this time all men interested in track work, both University and Freshman, will report and hear talks by men prominent in Crimson track affairs. The program will also include several reels of motion pictures, and refreshments.

Mr. W. A. Barron '14, chairman of the Track Advisory Committee, will preside over the meeting. While in College, Mr. Barron was very successful as a dash man and quarter-miler. In the Yale meet of 1912 and of 1913, he won the 440-yard run, and in 1914, when he was captain of the team, won both the 100-yard and 220-yard dashes against Yale.

Among the speakers tonight will be Mr. W. J. Bingham '16. Mr. Bingham, who was captain of the track team in 1916 and won the half-mile race against Yale two years in succession, has this winter been in England arranging for the international track meet between a Harvard and Yale team and an Oxford-Cambridge combination. He will tell of some of his interesting experiences while in Europe, and explain in detail the results which he obtained.

Settled English Meet

Among the things which Mr. Bingham did on his trip was to settle the events which will comprise the English meet, as well as to fix the date of the meeting for July 21. In addition to the 100-yard and 220-yard dashes, and the quarter, half, and mile runs, the track events will be the high and low hurdles and a distance run, which will probably be three miles instead of two miles as was previously planned. The American squad, which will be composed of two men for each event will sail on June 30, thus leaving about two weeks for practice in England. The men to make the trip will be chosen largely as a result of the Yale meet on June 16, but a special trial will be held for the Freshmen, who are eligible to compete for this trip.

The moving pictures which will be shown tonight are "Egbert at Harvard", a comedy which was filmed last year for the Class Day program of the Associated Harvard Clubs, and a slow motion picture of the Yale football game.