TRACK TEAM TIES FOR SIXTH PLACE

University of Pennsylvania Upsets All Forecasts and Wins With 29 Points--Yale and Princeton Tie for Fourth

At the second I. C. A. A. A. A. indoor track meet held in New York on Saturday night, the University team, by placing first in the freshman relay race, and second in the shot put, and by entering a triple tie for third place in the pole vault, collected a total of 11 points, and tied with Penn State for sixth place. The University of Pennsylvania, upsetting all forecasts, won the intercollegiate track title by scoring 29 points. With three points less, Cornell gained second place, third honors going to the Dartmouth team, which gathered 18 points. Yale and Princeton, each of whom scored 13 points, were tied for fourth place.

The 22nd Regiment Armory, in which the games were held was completely filled with an enthusiastic crowd. A new world's indeer record was established in the 70-yard race by Lever of Pennsylvania, who ran the distance in 7 1-10 seconds. New indoor intercollegiate records were also made in the weight throw, the mile and two-mile runs, the pole vault, and the shot put.

In winning the freshman relay event, the Crimson first-year team, composed of R. G. Allen, W. R. Chase, J. C. McGlone, and J. P. Kane, showed excellent form, covering the medley distance in 8 minutes 2-5 seconds. The race was featured by the brilliant running of Kane, who on the final leg out-distanced Shipley of Penn State, the freshman intercollegiate cross-country champion. In the shot put, C. A. C. Eastman '24, with a throw of 42 feet 5 3-4 inches, won second place. The only other point-winners for the University, H. R. Davis '23, tied with Guimlock, Cornell, and Libbey, Dartmouth, for third place, going over the bar at 12 feet. Captain J. W. Burke '23, who had been considered a sure point-winner for the University team, is being saved for the outdoor season, and ran Saturday night only in the two-mile relay race.