PLAN CONFERENCES TO FOLLOW TALKS

"Engineering" Subject of Lecture by Colonel W. J. Wilgus--Lectures Open to Entire University

With its plans for the lecture series now complete, the committee on vocational Guidance is now bending its efforts in organizing the individual conference work which will follow the lectures. From the point of view of constructive aid in helping members of the University select a career, these personal conferences subsequent to the lectures constitute the most vital phase of the committee's work.

The more detailed parts of the program have not as yet been worked out. The six lecturers themselves will not attempt to argue for the professions of which they are speaking but will merely give a broad survey of the general field, outlining its requirements and explaining the general nature of the work involved. It is to provide for the questions and problems of individual members of the University, therefore, that the conference system is planned. As far as possible the speakers themselves will hold conference hours the day following their lecturer and in addition the various graduate schools of the University will cooperate in furnishing able men, from their faculty staffs and from those actively engaged in their profession.

All members of the University, for the vocational talks are not limited to undergraduates, will have an opportunity to confer with these men and will be urged to go to them with any questions, no matter how detailed or general. The committee has not decided where these conferences will be held nor has it made out a schedule or selected men to follow the opening talk of the series which is to be given by Colonel W. J. Wilgus on "Engineering" in the Living Room of the Union on Wednesday evening, Mar. 14

To make full use of the time of the men who will hold hours for conferences, the committee will post blue-books in various University buildings and those students who wish conferences will be asked to sign up for definite periods.

The more detailed plans of the follow up work after next Wednesday's lecture will be announced as soon as the committee has completed the arrangements.