TO HOLD TRACK MEETING FOR FRESHMEN TONIGHT

Foster, Garcelon and Martin to Speak--Meeting Will Be Over by 7.30 o'Clock--First of Informal Meets Today

Tonight in Smith Halls Common Room at 7 o'clock, Mr. W. F. Garcelon Law '25, Mr. R. C. Foster '11, and Coach Martin will speak at a track meeting open to all Freshmen and designed not only to arouse support of the class team, but also to stimulate individual interest in that sport. The talks, which will be preceded by a few selections by the Freshman orchestra, will be brief, and the entire program will be completed by 7.30 o'clock.

The gathering tonight, which will be very informal, will be presided over by W. I. Nichols '26, manager of the Freshman team. Mr. Foster, who will be the principal speaker, was captain of the University team in his Senior year at college.

The first of the meets which will be held during the spring between the two teams in which the University and Freshman track candidates have been divided, will begin at 2.30 o'clock this afternoon when the contests in all of the field events, except the discus and javelin throws, will be held at Soldiers Field. At 3.30 o'clock tomorrow afternoon the track, javelin, and discus events will take place. The showing which the men make in this meet will determine the squad which will be sent to take part in the Pennsylvania Relays the week after the spring vacation. With not more than a week of practice behind them the squads which now number about 260, have begun to strike the pace which they will maintain during the remainder of the season.