WHITES LEAD REDS AS RESULT OF FIELD EVENTS

TEAMS SPLIT EVEN ON ALL FIVE FIRST PLACES

As a result of the five field events which were run off yesterday afternoon in the first of the informal meets which will be held between the two sections into which the track squad has been divided, the Whites are reading the Red team 30 to 25. The meet will be completed this afternoon, the javelin and discus events coming at 2 o'clock and the track contests taking place in the following order beginning at 3 o'clock: 100-yard dash, 120-yard hurdles, 440-yard run, 220-yard hurdles, 220-yard dash, mile run, two-mile run, and half-mile run. In all, over 200 men will take part in the meet.

In yesterday's events no man placed more than once in the four positions which counted toward the score. D. J. Quirk '26, with a leap of 20 feet 4 1-2 inches, won the broad jump for the Reds, and his team-mate, C. A. C. Eastman '24, placed first in the shotput with a heave of 39 feet 6 inches. For the Whites L. K. Marshall 5E.S. and H. R. Davis '23 won first place in the hammer throw and pole vault respectively. The distance in the former was 139 feet 11 inches, and the height in the latter 11 feet. J. M. Greeley 2E.S., of the Reds, and Malcolm Morse '24, of the Whites, shared the top position in the high jump, both of them going over the bar at 5 feet 8 inches.

250 Attend Freshman Meeting

Nearly 250 men attended the Freshman track mass meeting in Smith Halls Common Room last night. Short talks were given by Mr. W. F. Garcelon, Law '95, Mr. R. C. Foster '11, Coach Martin, Vinton Chapin '23, and R. G. Allen '26, the captain of the championship Freshman relay team this winter. The speakers stressed the fact that track is a sport in which everyone can find something which he can do, and in which he can develop himself by steady work. At the opening of the meeting, over which W. I. Nichols '26, the Freshman track manager, presided, the 1926 orchestra gave several selections.