STANDISH AGAIN WINS INTERDORMITORY SERIES

Amasses 27 Points to Smith's 25 and Gore's 20--Wins Hockey Easily--New Basketball System Adopted

According to a statement issued by the Physical Training Department yesterday afternoon, the Freshman Interdormitory, winter series was won by Standish Hall, with a total of 27 points, while Smith was second with 25, and Gore third with 20. This is the second successive year that Standish has won the series, although last year the margin was slightly greater. It is, however, difficult to make any direct comparison, as this is the first year that a system of points has been used.

In the hockey series, Standish won easily, dropping only one game to Gore on February 16. In the last game on February 20 between Standish and Smith, the latter dormitory stiffened its defence and held Standish to a 4-3 victory. Had Smith won this game, it would have put Gore in the lead for the series, and also would have brought about a tie between Standish and Smith for the winter championship.

Basketball Squad Divided

Basketball was so popular this year that the squad had to be divided into three sections. Standish won in sections one and two without much trouble, while Smith won in the third section. In this last group, Smith lost only one of the eleven games played by it. This same team also won the championship basketball series that was played between the sections.

Squash Matches Closely Contested

In the squash tournament, the matches were particularly close, with the final result a tie between Standish and Smith and Gore a weak third.

The summary of the point standing follows:   Standish  Smith  Gore Wrestling  1  3  5 Track  3  5  1 Hockey  5  1  3 Basketball  13  7  7 Squash  4  4  1 Numeral men  1  5  3   --  --  -- Total  27  25  20