AGREES TO ABOLISH ALL 1.30 CLASSES

Plan Designed to Increase Time of Luncheon Period--Some Classes to Meet From 1-2 o'Clock

Afternoon lectures and recitations in the College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, will begin next year on the even hours, instead of on the half hours as at present, in accordance with a vote passed by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. The change was made principally in order to extend to an hour the present hurried luncheon-period of half an hour.

The Faculty has voted that "college exercises begin at 2 P. M. instead of 1.30, as at present, and continue on the even hours, no change being made in the morning hours; and that arrangements be made, so far as practicable, for using the one o'clock hour for class and laboratory work."

The Committee on Instruction and the various departments are now drawing up the schedule for next year, assigning to the various courses the hours at which they will be held under the new scheme. Most classes now beginning at 1.30 o'clock will begin at 2 o'clock, and probably most classes now beginning at 2.30 o'clock will be moved to 3 o'clock; but in many cases the hours of classes will be shifted otherwise, and the exact result of the change on the schedule cannot now be predicted. The new assignments will be contained in the pamphlet of courses of instruction to be issued at the end of the spring recess.

Probably only a few classes will be held between 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock; but it is expected that this hour can be used in many courses for section-meetings for men who have no 12 o'clock class and thus can finish their luncheon before 1 o'clock.