FRESHMAN NINE WILL CLASH WITH WILLISTON

Crimson Has Slight Edge in Today's Game, Though Badly Crippled--Maher Out of Line-Up

The Freshman baseball team will play its eighth game of the season with Williston Seminary at Soldiers Field today at 3 o'clock. Although the Crimson enters the contest with a badly crippled team, comparative scores point to a 1926 victory.

Although Captain Maher has been at practice for the last two days, his finger has not improved as rapidly as was expected, and he will probably be unable to play until Saturday, May 5, when the Freshmen meet Worcester Academy. Field and Slayton are both recovering from slight injuries, and will return to practice on Monday. Their positions will be filled today by Atkinson at third and Lewis at first. Puffer, who on the spring trip held Loomis Institute to six hits, and who has pitched steadily in several other games this season, will start on the mound for the Freshmen.

Although the visitors have lost two out of the four games this year, they have come up against strong opponents. Their first game of the season against St. Jerome's, they won by the score of 3 to 1, but in their next contest, with Springfield College, they suffered a reverse, losing by the score of 16 to 10. They found little difficulty in defeating Wilbraham, 17 to 4, but last Wednesday they lost a cleanly played game to the Yale Freshmen, 2 to 0.