BAD WEATHER MAKES GAME WITH B. U. NINE UNCERTAIN

WEEK'S WORK OUTDOORS HAS PUT B. U. TEAM IN SHAPE

Inclement weather yesterday forced the baseball squad to retreat again into the cage. Even therefore if the weather undergoes a change and permits outdoor practice today and the opening game tomorrow, the team that will face Boston University on the diamond will do so with only a scant three days outdoor work behind it. The squad has been confined for an unusually long time this year and that it is suffering from its lack of diamond work was only too evident in the informal six inning game staged by Coach Slattery on Wednesday. As was to be expected both nines showed a certain amount of nervousness in the field and a decided weakness at the bat, team A tallying for only four hits.

Unless it should be necessary to call off the game the team that will start for the University will in all probability be the same as that which engaged the scrubs on Wednesday with a battery of K. N. Hill and Larrabee. The other positions will be: first, Owen; second, Hammond; short, Jenkins; third, Buell; left field, Thayer; center field, Clark; right field, Gordon.

B. U. Has Had Practice Games

Coach Murray has been more fortunate in getting the B. U. squad outdoors and has been able to put his men through workouts and short practice games for the past week. On Tuesday and Wednesday the first and second teams were put through five-inning games, in which the men showed up fairly well, working with considerable smoothness in the field and a remarkable accuracy at the plate. Team A, as it lined up on Wednesday and as it will probably face the University tomorrow is as follows; pitcher, Burke; catcher, Cole; first, Ruane; second, Cochrane; short, Crosson; third, Williamson; left field, Murphy; center field, Carlson; right field Sessler.