WILL EXPLAIN SYSTEM OF CONCENTRATION TO 1926

FRESHMEN REQUIRED TO ATTEND--MAY CUT OTHER CLASSES

The Committee on the Choice of Electives, desiring that all Freshmen should understand thoroughly the system of concentration and distribution, has arranged several speeches on this subject, to be given this morning at 9 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall. President Lowell, Dean Greenough, and Professor G. H. Parker '87 will speak, as well as the secretary of the Committee on the Choice of Electives, Mr. E. A. Whitney '17, who will outline briefly the University's requirements in fields of concentration and in distribution. Attendance will be required of the whole Freshman class, with the exception of first-year men in the Business School. For Freshmen enrolled in History 1, the meeting will take the place of the lecture ordinarily scheduled for that hour, and members of the class of 1926 will be allowed to cut all other 9 o'clock classes. Upper classmen will not be required to attend the meeting, and they will be excused from the lectures and section meetings in History 1 that ordinarily come at that hour.

Wll Consult Faculty Advisers

It has been customary to have these talks for Freshmen for a number of years in order to assist them in their choice of a field of concentration. Freshmen are also expected to discuss the subject with their Faculty advisers, and if the adviser is a member of the department in which they elect to concentrate, they may make out their plans for concentration under his supervision. If, however, the adviser is in some other department, the plan is to be submitted for approval to some member of the department which has been chosen for concentration. A blank has been sent to every Freshman, which must be filled out and filed in the office of the Committee on the Choice of Electives on or before May 1.

This lecture was planned primarily to clear up any questions on concentration and distribution. If, however, any man is still in doubt as to what he must do, he should consult his adviser, or obtain the pamphlets on concentration and distribution at the office.