CRIMSON TO OPPOSE B. U. IN FIRST GAME

Team A Defeats Team B in Five-Inning Game by Score of 17 to 2--Boston University Team Is in Good Form

The University baseball squad, considerably benefited by yesterday's outdoor workout, will face the Boston University nine this afternoon at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field. Coach Slattery intends to start team A intact with Hill, Cordingley, and Young sharing the mound duties.

Yesterday's practice consisted chiefly of a five inning game between teams A and B which A won overwhelmingly by the score of 17 to 2. Bemis and Toulmin shared the pitching duties for the first combination and Brown and Oakes for the second. The game was marred by many errors on both sides, five on team A and seven on team B. The hitting, however, was a considerable improvement over Wednesday's workout, team A tallying a total of ten hits as compared to Wednesday's four. The team is working as smoothly as can be expected with only three day's diamond work to its credit.

The Boston University baseball squad has on the other hand been practicing outdoors at Volksman field for over a week, although it started cage work at the Commonwealth Armory at a much later date than the University.

Considering the short time that the men have been practicing, a little over two weeks, the team is displaying good form and both the first and second infields are working smoothly. The infield consists of veteran material, Ruane at first base, a last year's veteran, Cochrane, another veteran at the second sack, with Williamson at the hot corner and Crosson at shortstop.

The most likely of Coach Murray's pitchers is Small, a former University of Maine twirler.

Coach Murray may use Burke, a southpaw, later in the contest should the University batsmen get the range of Small's deliveries. Burke pitched on the Boston University Summer School team in Maine last year.

the University get the batsmen get the range of Small's deliveries. Burke pitched on the Boston University Summer School team in Maine last year.