U. S. Navy Offers to Train College Students to Become Qualified Aviators; Course Covers Summer Recess Period

The United States Navy is offering to College and University students, practically without cost to themselves, an opportunity to learn the science of Aviation and become qualified Naval Aviators with the rank of Ensign. Except in time of National emergency they would be expected to give only 15 days active service per year, with the full pay of their rank. This active service would also qualify each man for two months' retainer pay.

Candidates for this service should be between the ages of 18 and 27 years at time of enrollment, High School graduates or College students of at least one year's training or its equivalent. Selections will be based upon the results shown by competitive examinations as to the mental, moral and physical fitness.

Successful candidates will be enrolled in the Naval Reserve Force, Class 6, with the rate of Apprentice Seaman, for the first year's training period, which will be from the beginning of the College vacation until the classes re-open in the Fall. This training will be given at the Divisional Air Station, Shore Road Park Extension, Brooklyn, N. Y.

It must be understood that applicants for this course must be citizens of the United States. They must also show an aptitude for Aviation, otherwise they will be relieved from training.

Those interested in this course must apply at once to Lieut. John F. Dwyer, 156 Greenwich Street, New York City, so that arrangements may be made for their physical examination by Army Air Service physicians at Mitchell Field, Garden City, Long Island, New York.