PURPLE FRESHMEN WILL TAKE ON CRIMSON NINE

Holy Cross to Play First-Year Men at 4 o'Clock--Captain Maher May be in Line-Up

At 4 o'clock today on Soldiers Field, the Freshman baseball team will try to revenge the defeat of the University nine then it faces the almost untried Holy cross Freshman combination. The Crimson will be strengthened by the possible return of Captain Maher and Moseley to the line-up. both men have been out nor some time with minor injuries, which have not hindered them from dressing, but kept them from active participation in practice. Coach Davidson has been unable to decide as yet who will start in the mound, but if, as is likely, he colds Moseley and Puffer in reserve for the Princeton game Saturday, Gasto will probably open in the box.

Holy Cross Season Still Young

The Holy Cross Freshmen have only played-two games this year, with Williston Seminary and the Boston College Freshmen. The former were victorious by the score of 4 to 1 the latter were defeated 6 to 0. The Crimson was also defeated by Williston by the same margin, and the teams should be fairly evenly matched, although Holy Cross is handicapped by the loss of Freshmen playing on the regular University nine.