ENTHUSIASTIC FRESHMEN THRONG MASS MEETING

BINGHAM AND CHAPIN CERTAIN THAT TEAMS WILL TRIUMPH

More than 200 Freshmen turned out last night in the Smith Halls Common Room to cheer the baseball and track teams with the slogan "Beat Princeton twice". George Owen Jr. '23 and Coach C. B. Davidson were both unable to attend the mass meeting, but their places were taken by J. S. Clark '23 and J. J. Maher '26.

The first speaker of the evening was Mr. W. J. Bingham '16, who pointed out the good work of particular individuals on the team, most notably M. A. Cheek, who took two firsts in the Yale meet, F. P. Kane, and R. G. Allen. J. S. Clark '23 outlined next the outstanding features of the 1926 baseball season. The present record of nine victories to two defeats is a higher average than any other Freshman team has had since the war, he said. It is also an encouraging fact, he pointed out, that the Crimson has scored in seven of the nine victories, 10 runs or more. No Freshman baseball team has been able to overcome Princeton since the war, but this year promises to break this string of defeats, he concluded.

The other speakers were, Vinton Chapin '23, and the two captains of the teams, J. J. Maher of the baseball nine, and R. G. Allen of the track team. After singing the college songs and cheering the speakers, the meeting broke up.