CHOATE WRESTS VICTORY FROM HEREDITARY RIVALS

Brown and Nichols and New Rochelle Come in Third and Fourth--Emerson Defeats Bangs in Senior Singles Finals

Choate School of Wellingford, Connecticut, won the schoolboy eight oar race yesterday afternoon in the Basin, arriving at the mile and finish mark two lengths ahead of their hereditary rivals, Kent School.

Shortly behind Brown and Nichols came New Rochelle High, which had shown fine form in the last half mile. Huntington followed a half-length behind New Rochelle, while Lynn Classical School came in last, two lengths behind Huntington.

Only two other events in the Invitation Regatta were completed yesterday. In the Senior Singles finals, E. D. Emerson E.S., covered the mile distance in six minutes and 55 seconds, thereby defeating J. O. Bangs '25 by five lengths.

O. L. Dane '26 and C. R. Heussy '26 were defeated by L. J. Moore Sp. and W. H. Mitchell Sp., by three lengths.

The University C crew covered the Henley distance yesterday afternoon in seven minutes and three seconds, the best record of the week by any crew over the distance, defeating the M. I. T. third crew by twelve lengths.