FRESHMAN NINE MEETS TIGER CUBS TODAY

Orange Team Not Over Successful So Far on Account of Weak Pitching Staff-- Crimson Is Favored to Win

The Freshman baseball team will undergo its most severe test of the season this afternoon when it meets the Princeton first-year nine on the latter's field in what will be the Crimson's twelfth, contest. Moseley, who has been both- creed by a sore arm, was able to pitch several innings against Holy Cross on Wednesday, and will probably be in condition to oppose the Tigers for at least part of today's contest. Captain Maher's finger has also improved rapidly, and his presence behind the bat should have a steadying effect on the infield.

The Orange and Black has not been particularly successful so far this season, mainly because of the weakness of its pitching staff. The team as a whole has on several occasions demonstrated hitting ability.

The Tiger cubs started off the season with a string of six victories, but on April 28, they struck a snag in the shape of Blair School, finally succumbing by the narrow margin of 5 to 4. Tome, Exeter, and Peddie all overcame the Freshman in the succeeding games, and it was not until last Saturday that the nine was able to come back with an 8 to 1 victory over Penn Charter.

Although there are no direct comparisons between the scores of the two teams, the Crimson Freshmen with their record of nine victories and two defeats are considered to have the stronger combination.