COOLIDGE WILL ADDRESS REPUBLICAN CLUB TONIGHT

ALUMNI EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FORMED FOR NEXT YEAR

The Hon. Lewis A. Coolidge, who was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury during the administration of Theodore Roosevelt '80, will address the past and present members of the executive and sub-committees of the Republican Club at the annual dinner this evening in the Faculty Room of the Union at 6 o'clock. Mr. Coolidge is president of the Middlesex Club, and at the Republican Convention in Chicago in 1920 was chairman of the committee on arrangements.

J. N. Hamlin '23 will be toastmaster at the after-dinner program and will introduce W. E. Stearns '23, secretary-treasurer of the organization during the years 1920-23. He will outline the history of the Republican Club from 1920 and will explain the purpose of the organization.

Professor A. N. Holcombe, chairman of the Department of Government, will speak on the importance of the club, and will be followed by H. C. Lodge Jr. '24, who will talk on "The Future of the Club". Lodge was recently elected chairman of the executive committee to succeed Hamlin.

The fourth speaker is the Hon. John Jacob Rogers '04, congressman from Massachusetts. Mr. Coolidge will be the final speaker.

Other guests who will be present are Assistant Dean Leighton '19 and Mr. F. B. Foster '17, Graduate Manager of the Union.

The new members of the alumni executive committee, the purpose of which is to co-operate with and advise the undergraduate executive committee, are J. N. Hamlin '23 of Portland, Oregon, chairman; W. E. Stearns '23 of Concord, New Hampshire, secretary-treasurer; H. C. Lodge Jr. '24, of Washington, D. C.; R. N. Emerson 3rd '20 of Boston; H. D. Smith '21 of Chicago, Illinois; Alexander McElwain '21 of Boston; Amory Houghton '21 of Corning, N. Y.; H. B. Reed '23 of New York City; and C. D. Whidden '23 of Cambridge.