CREWS ROW TWICE ON LAKE CARNEGIE TODAY

HAINES TELLS MEETING HE HAS CONFIDENCE IN 1926 EIGHT

A total of 28 men made the trip to Princeton last night for Saturday's crew races with the Tigers and the Navy. In addition to the 20 oarsmen and two coxswains, Dr. R. H. Howe '01, Mr. John Richardson '08, chairman of the Graduate Rowing Committee, Coaches Muller and Bert Haines, and Managers Sheridan Logan '23, and F. T. Baldwin '24 were in the special car "Kaylor" which left Boston at 10.45 o'clock last night.

The train will arrive at Princeton at 8.45 o'clock this morning. After breakfast at the Cap and Gown Club both crews will engage in a light workout on Lake Carnegie at about 11 o'clock. Another light row will be held in the afternoon, while the men will also hold a short practice tomorrow morning.

The Freshman race against Princeton and the Navy over the one and three-quarter mile course on Lake Carnegie will precede the University race over the same course at 5 o'clock.

Over 200 Freshmen met last night in the Smith Halls Common Room to give the 1926 crew a send-off for the race. Dr. R. H. Howe '01 opened the meeting by introducing Bert Haines, the Freshman coach. While he praised the Navy and Princeton Freshman eights, Coach Haines admitted that he felt optimistic about the result of the race. Captains A. B. Ladd Jr. '23 of the University and Richard Trimble Jr. '26 of the Freshmen then spoke briefly.