OAKLEY AND WORCESTER TO BE TENNIS OPPONENTS

UNIVERSITY DOWNS YEARLINGS IN PRACTICE MATCHES

Both University and Freshman tennis teams take up the racket today in opposition to school and country club. The University plays the Oakley Country Club at Watertown this afternoon. In the tournaments during the past few days, George Guild '23 has climbed from fourth place to second, while W. P. Dixon '25, absent since the opening trip, again appears in the line-up as number five. The order of the University players for this afternoon is:

Singles: Ingraham, Guild, Briggs, Pfaffman, Dixon, and Bondi. Doubles: Ingraham and Duane, Guild and Pfaffman, and Briggs and Dixon.

In its match with Worcester this afternoon on the Divinity Courts the order of the Freshman tennis line-up remains unchanged. A captain for the team has been elected, George Douglass Debevoise of New York City, who was last year captain and number one man on the St. Mark's team which defeated the championship Andover team. He is number three man on the 1926 squad. Smith, Perkins, Debevoise, and Weisman will play in the singles; while in the doubles Smith and Debevoise, and Perkins and Weisman will represent the Freshmen.

In an informal match played yesterday between the University and Freshman teams the former was victorious 7-2. The two points for the yearlings were made by Bandler and Laimbeer, who respectively defeated Bondi and Dixon. The other singles matches were straight sets, except that between Guild and Debevoise, in which the latter captured one set.