UNIVERSITY'S QUOTA TO SILVER BAY MAY REACH 100 MARK

Daily Program Devoted to Platform Meetings, Discussion and Inter-Delegation Athletic Contests

The members of the Silver Bay Committee, which during the last few weeks have been canvassing men in the University in regard to the student conference to be held in Silver Bay June 14 to 22 have reported that there is wide-spread interest among members of the University in the meeting and that many students have already indicated their intention to attend the gathering. Under the leadership of W. E. Crosby Jr. '24, the chairman, the committee will continue its work intensively during the rest of the month and try to obtain for the Crimson delegation 100 men, the maximum membership which the University representation will be permitted to reach. All men in the University are eligible to attend the conference, whether or not they have been approached by the committee, and any student interested may obtain detailed information about the gathering, at Phillips Brooks House or from a member of the committee.

The conference next month will be the thirty-seventh of the annual meetings which the Y. M. C. A. has held in consecutive years under the direction of the Student Department of the International Committee. These gatherings have steadily increased in size and interest, the highest point being reached last summer when 792 delegates from more than 80 different institutions attended the conference.

Prominent Men Among Speakers

At the conference the daily program is both attractive and instructive. In the morning there is a series of small discussion groups, led by capable men, followed by a large platform meeting. During the afternoon, athletics and various forms of recreation occupy the delegates' attention, while in the evening there is another meeting for the entire conference. The principal talks at these meetings are given by such prominent speakers as Dr. Harry Emerson Fosdick, Dean Sperry, Mr. Raymond Robbins, Dr. Henry Sloane Coffin, and several others, all of whom are available for individual conferences with any who may desire them.

The expenses of attending the conference, including board and room, railroad fare, and registration fee will be about $45. For men who can not afford to pay the entire sum, part of the expense may be met in other ways, information concerning which may be obtained from the Graduate Secretary of Phillips Brooks House, where also application blanks may be secured.