YOUNG TO START IN BOWDOIN GAME TODAY

But Will Undoubtedly Substitute for Keegan--Either Hill or Jenkins to Play Shortstop--Bowdoin Is Strong

At 4 o'clock this afternoon on Soldiers Field, the University baseball team will face the third Maine team it has played this year, Bowdoin College. Young, who has been given a rest since his pitching battle with Carroll in the Holy Cross game, will start on the mound for the Crimson. His one defeat of the season he suffered in this contest, although he held his opponents to two hits which happened to be bunched in the sixth inning, with the result that Carroll crossed the plate for the only Purple run.

Larrabee, who has been suffering from a slight injury on his finger, has practically recovered, and although he may not start the contest, he will undoubtedly be back in his position behind the bat before the end of the game. Who will start at shortstop is also in doubt, but Hill occupied that position during practice yesterday and also through the game with the University of Maine, and is therefore favored over Jenkins.

Bowdoin has shown its strength particularly in two contests, with Wesleyan and the University of Maine. The latter it defeated by the score of 5 to 0. The victory over Wesleyan was gained yesterday in a spectacular ten inning contest. Southwick started on the mound for Bowdoin, but was early replaced by Johnson. In the tenth, with the score tied at 2 to 2, the latter punched out a home run that gave Bowdoin a well-earned victory.

The visitors have been handicapped by the lateness of the season in Maine, so that it has only been in recent games that they have shaken themselves together into a semblance of team-play.