THREE SHIFTS MARK NEW CREW SEATING

Webb Also Promoted to First Eight--Brown Is Pace-Setter for Seconds--Leavitt Back in Freshman Boat

University A and B took to the water yesterday afternoon for the first time since Saturday's race with Cornell, but it was with two line-ups which were in some respects radically different from those in effect five days ago.

Three changes were made by Coach Muller in the seating of the first crew while the seconds underwent a corresponding shift. The outstanding feature of the new arrangement is the change in the two stroke positions, G. S. Mumford Jr. '25 setting the pace for University A while S. N. Brown '24, formerly number 2 on the first combination, is now stroking the seconds. E. S. Matthews '23, who stroked the Crimson eight against Cornell, is now occupying the slide at 2 in the same boat.

The boating of the combination crew, made up of four Freshman and four University oarsmen, has also been fixed, and the new seating order was tried out yesterday afternoon.

Freshman A went out on the river yesterday with a full complement except for the stroke oar. Kent Leavitt '26 was back at number 7, D. C. Gates returning to his old slide at 5. J. W. Adie was out for the day due to a slight illness, but Coach Bert Haines expects him back today. His place was temporarily filled by J. W. Lund '26 who has been stroking the blue crew for the past week.