OWEN ON MOUND AS NINE FACES GREEN

Has Shown Great Improvement at Plate Recently--Game Will Be Played on Soldiers Field at 3 Today

Captain Owen will start his second game on the mound today when the University baseball team faces the Dartmouth nine at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field. In his first game last Wednesday with Providence College, Owen showed good form for the first four innings, holding his opponents to three hits and no runs, and an extra week's practice in the box should put him in condition to last out the greater part of the contest.

The pitching in the last part of the game will fall either on Bemis or Herrmann, and Owen will return to first base.

In preparation for today's contest, Coach Slattery put his men through a light practice game, in which Team A had little difficulty in winning by the score of 6 to 4.

After suffering a mid-season slump, the Dartmouth nine has developed rapidly, taking a game from Brown and Tufts, and two from Vermont in the last two weeks. The team has come through a difficult schedule of 24 games with only seven defeats and one tie against it. Yale it defeated by the margin of 7 to 3, but it found Princeton too strong, finally succumbing by the score of 10 to 4.

Dartmouth has had the same scarcity of pitching material as the University, however, its moundsmen being always unreliable. In recent games Lyon has shown good form, and he is slated to, start against the University this afternoon.

It is in the batting department that the team has shown its greatest improvement. Bjorkman heads the list at present and also has the greatest number of stolen bases to his credit.