NEW LONDON

For the past three weeks the Race has been "written up", "analyzed" and "doped" from every conceivable angle daily by special correspondents. "Crimson Splashes" or "Blue Ripples" jotted down in the newspapers, have given us to understand that "the boys are on edge; little things irritate them, but everybody understands that they are merely in the pink of condition" and so on for half a column. "Inside" articles have shown conclusively that the "psychological factor" is fighting for the University, or that Yale's new-born spirit and dash are unconquerable. But when all the special articles are waded through, only one fact stands out; that each of the three races will be a struggle to the last boat-length.

The University has faced a series of unforeseen obstacles in the rowing season which reaches its climax this afternoon. Confronted by a difficult situation to begin with, the coaches have been balked by sudden illness and impossible weather conditions time and again. But the crew which has finally emerged, the crew which races Yale this afternoon, is one worthy to rank with its predecessors, an eight capable of taking care of itself over the four miles against any crew in the country.