CUP RACES AND GARCELON HURDLES TO BE RUN TODAY

Allen, J. L. Combs, and Kane Expected to Feature in Hurdles--Other Events Open to All Men in College

Beginning at 3 o'clock this afternoon on the Stadium track, four annual cup races and two contests for the Garcelon hurdle trophies will be run off. These cup races which are open to any member of the College whether or not he is a member of the track squad, are annual features of the spring track work, and will probably draw out a large field.

Last year, after some very good running, C. B. S. Evans '22 won the W. R. Masefield '97 cup for the 100-yard dash, while C. H. Wansker '22 captured the prize in the 220-yard distance, the L. P. Dodge '08 trophy. In the handicap 440-yard and mile runs the trophies, the S. G. Wells '86 and the Frank Wells '84 cups, went to A. F. Jones '25 and W. L. Chapin Jr. '25.

The races for the hurdlers will be the third pair of contests for the Garcelon trophies. According to the rule which prevents men who have already won one of the miniature bronze hurdles from competing again. Hauers, Thomas. Thayer, and Gordon are ineligible for this afternoon's tests. The most likely winners of today's events are, consequently, J. L. Combs in the highs, and Allen and Kane in the lows.

The order in which the races will be contested today is: 100-yard dash, mile ran, 440-yard run, high hurdles, 220-yard dash, and low hurdles.