UNIVERSITY PROFESSOR TO LECTURE AT LAW ACADEMY

Wilson to Give Course Upon Maritime Jurisdiction at Sessions of Academy of International Law at the Hague

Professor G. G. Wilson, Professor of International Law at the University since 1910, will be one of the many prominent lecturers at the Academy of International Law at the Hague this summer. Professor Wilson will give a course of lectures upon maritime jurisdiction in territorial and closed seas, and in straits.

The sessions of the school, which will begin on July 14, will be the first formal meetings for the Academy. The Netherlands Government, under whose auspices the lectures will be held, originally planned to begin the sessions in the summer of 1914, but was forced to postpone the opening because of the war and was not able to make arrangements for the lectures until this year. There will be two sessions of the Academy, the first from July 14 to August 3 and from August 15 to September 1.

Center for Study of International Law

The statute of the Academy provides that "it is constituted as a center of higher studies in international law, public and private, and cognate sciences, in order to facilitate a thorough and impartial examination of questions bearing on international juridical relamen of the various states will be intions. To this end, the most competent vited to teach, through regular courses, lectures, or seminars, the most important matters, from the point of view of theory and practice, of international legislation and jurisprudence, such as result inter alia from deliberations of the conferences and arbitral awards.

Admittance to the Academy will be liberally granted, the only reservations being those which are necessary for the indispensable supervision of the entrance board. Applications for admission may be made to the Board at the Hague directly or through consular or diplomatic authorities there. If any limitation is necessary, applicants holding doctors' degrees from universities, members or former members of the diplomatic or consular service, and officers or retired officers of the Army or Navy, will be given preference for admission.

Lecturers From Thirty States

There will be approximately 30 lecturers from different states of the world, and each of these will discuss the attitude of his state upon the practical and historical questions of international law and international organization. There will be no fees for the Academy this summer, although as the system develops, there may be some admission charges.