SMITH AND FLETCHER WIN HURDLE TROPHIES

Awarded Garcelon Miniature Hurdles-Four Cup Races Run in Stadium-Allen Wins 440-Yard Dash

K. P. Smith '25 and Jefferson Fletcher '25 were awarded the miniature bronze hurdles as a result of their showing in the annual Garcelon contests yesterday afternoon in the Stadium. Four annual cup races were held at the same time.

The only cup-winner not on the University track squad was R. G. Allen '26, captain of the Freshman team, who captured the S. G. Wells '86 cup for the 440 from J. E. Merrill '24 by a full three yards. Both started from scratch, while Donald Bourne '25, who lost second place by a foot, had a 30-yard handicap.

The W. R. Masefield '97 cup for the 100-yard dash was won by R. D. Howard '24, and the L. P. Dodge '08 trophy by Vinton Chapin '23, R. L. Brooks '26 taking second place in both races.

Coburn Wins Mile Run

A. L. Coburn '24, with a 65-yard handicap, won the Frank Wells '84 cup for the mile run by about ten yards over W. L. Chapin Jr. '25, who won the last year's trophy. J. N. Watters '26, 30 yards behind Chapin at scratch. finished a close third.

The order of finish in the 120-yard high hurdles was: C. R. Hauers '23, W. B. Thomas '25, K. P. Smith '26, and J. L. Combs '26, but as Hauers and Thomas had previously won Gareelon trophies, the miniature bronze hurdle was awarded to Smith.

The 220-yard low hurdles contest resulted in a victory for Jefferson Fletcher '25 by a narrow margin over R. G. Allen '26. with F. P. Kane '26 in third place.