Crimson Phi Beta Kappas Will Cross Bats With Yale Erudites Saturday Afternoon; Rival Nines Undergo Intensive Training

Resuming an old annual custom the University chapter of Phi Beta Kappa will do its utmost to down its ancient rivals, Yale's Phi Beta Kappas, on the Freshman baseball diamond at 3 o'clock Saturday afternoon. The Crimson aggregation held its first practice yesterday afternoon. A report from New Haven states that the Eli nine has been practicing some time to avenge the defeat it suffered at the hands of its hosts in Cambridge two years ago.

Practice yesterday for the Crimson players consisted mainly in a general limbering-up. In today's work-out, however, a more thorough practice will be held and a tentative nine selected. Likely candidates for the mound position are W. J. Casey '24 and Theodore Dreier '23, although it is rumored that a dark horse may twirl against the Yale nine.

In place of having the dinner before the game as was formerly the custom, this year, for various reasons, the time has been changed so that now arrangements have been made to hold the dinner after the contest in the Tower Room in Memorial Hall. Although the speakers for the occasion have not as yet been definitely selected, it is hoped to secure several men of prominence to address the two societies.